From an authentic Star Wars cantina on the Outer Rim of the galaxy to exotic creatures, military encampments and daring missions aboard the Millennium Falcon, guests will find plenty of stories to explore as they live their own adventures inside Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge. The epic new lands open at Disneyland Park in California on May 31, 2019, and at Disney’s Hollywood Studios in Florida on Aug. 29, 2019.*
By the Numbers
• Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge spans more than 14 acres, making these the largest single- themed lands in Disney Parks history.
• More than a dozen venues fill the lands, including Resistance and First Order encampments, a spaceport and a bustling market.
• Two attractions will entice guests to live their own Star Wars adventures – Millennium Falcon: Smugglers Run and (opening later in 2019) Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance.
• There are three entrances into the new land at Disneyland Park, and two at Disney’s Hollywood Studios (otherwise, the lands are nearly identical).
• The Millennium Falcon docked in the Black Spire Outpost Spaceport measures more than 100 feet long.
• Among the ancient-looking spires across the lands, the tallest is more than 130 feet high.
• The lands were created with more than 200,000 square feet of rockwork and approximately 260,000 square feet of themed plaster in each location.
• More than 7,000 props were created for each land.
• Nine different retail locations in the lands offer nearly 700 unique items, ideal for those
looking to take a memory of Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge home with them.
• There are more than 120,000 possible combinations for constructing a lightsaber using
all the available pieces in Savi’s Workshop – Handbuilt Lightsabers.
• There are nearly 280,000 possible combinations for constructing an R-series or BB- series astromech droid using all the available pieces in the Droid Depot.
• Five locations within Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge offer guests a chance to purchase food and beverages. The lands’ menus feature more than 50 distinct, out-of-this-world items.
Did You Know?
• Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge marks the first time a full-size, 100% complete Millennium Falcon has ever been built.
• Guests enter the Millennium Falcon through the same starboard airlock used by Han Solo and Chewbacca in “Star Wars: The Force Awakens.”
• The chess-type game played on the table in the Millennium Falcon main hold and lounge is called Dejarik; guests can sit at the table inside Millennium Falcon: Smugglers Run, and the game is available for purchase in the Toydarian Toymaker marketplace stall.
• At Black Spire Outpost, the droid in charge of music at the local watering hole, Oga’s Cantina, is DJ R-3X, the former Starspeeder 3000 pilot from Star Tours.
• For the soundtrack inside Oga’s Cantina, Walt Disney Imagineering commissioned musicians and composers from around the world to craft original music for a galactic playlist.
• Kowakian Monkey-Lizards and Porgs are among the “critters” guests will find at the Creature Stall. These are just a few of the many items guests may purchase during their visit.
• Academy Award-winning® composer John Williams created an all-new suite of themes written especially for the lands and their attractions.
• The Walt Disney Company acquired Lucasfilm Ltd. In 2012.
• Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge has been in development since 2014.
• Walt Disney Company Chairman and CEO Bob Iger announced Star Wars-themed lands would open at Disneyland and Disney’s Hollywood Studios while at the D23 Expo on Aug. 15, 2015.
• Construction in both Disneyland and Disney’s Hollywood Studios began in April 2016.
• Approximately 6,700 construction workers and artisans were employed during the
development of Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge.
• To operate the land, 1,600 new jobs were created for Disneyland Resort.
• Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance, one of two attractions in the lands, will open on both coasts by the end of 2019.
Star Wars Galaxy Of Adventures Fun Facts : The Clone Wars
Great Star Wars Rivalries
Former Toy Industry Professionals Form Media Company; Announce Premium Star Wars Action Figure Guide
Moe The Maker's Custom Carpentry Constructed AT-ST
First Ever Morning Rope Drop At Star Wars Galaxy's Edge In Disneyland - Opening Day
Galaxy's Edge Photo Gallery
Step Inside Disneyland's New Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge Millennium Falcon Ride Courtesy Of USA TODAY
Inside The Hottest Rides In Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge At Disneyland
Custom Droid Building At Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge
Good Morning America Tours Galaxy's Edge
Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge Opening Dedication To Be Live Streamed
Know Before You Go: Dishing About Food & Beverages Found In Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge At Disneyland
The Most Expensive Collectible At Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge Will Set You Back $25,000
Physical Copy Of Oga's Cantina Menu From Galaxy's Edge Hits eBay
Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge Cast Photo
Handbuilt Lightsabers From Savi's Workshop In Galaxy's Edge To Run $199
New Images From Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge
Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge Preview Added To Disney App
Reservation For Star Wars Galaxy's Edge Begin May 2nd
Coca-Cola And Disney Design Custom Bottles For Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge
Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge Post-Panel Discussion At Star Wars Celebration Chicago 2019!
Ashley Eckstein Reacts To Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge At Star Wars Celebration Chicago 2019!
Star Wars Galaxy's Edge Panel Announced For Celebration!
Star Wars Galaxy's Edge Opening Dates
Jedi Journals is the longest running Star Wars literature podcast in the galaxy. Listen Now!
Rebelscum.com provides the latest in collecting news. Visit Now!
The IndyCast is the world's most popular Indiana Jones podcast! Ed Dolista and his team take a look at all the latest news, reviews and interviews! Listen Now!