Alan Horn, chairman of Walt Disney Studios, told
an interviewer on April 2 that filming on Episode VII was underway.
"We're actually shooting some of it now," Horn said, probably referring to preliminary shoots that are not part of principal photography, which was slated to begin in May
Horn also told the interviewer, Stephen Galloway from The Hollywood Reporter, that the script was done and the film would begin "where 6 left off ? and where 6 left off is 35 years ago by the time this is released." That represents a more precise timeframe than last month's StarWars.com story, which said "about 30 years" after Return of the Jedi
Regarding cast on the highly anticipated sequel, Horn said, "We have a lot of [actors cast]. "We're just not completely done yet."Click here
to see the full story, including a video of Horn's Star Wars