Do you remember all of the Matt Smith (Dr.Who) rumblings about being attached to Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker? Well MSW dig a little digging and are one step closer to figuring out his involvement. Check out the Rumor below then hop on over to MSW for the full read!
Spoiler Warning Again: If Accurate It Could Be The End of the Film!
A really solid source over the years passed on something they heard internally. But this means this past solid source is using information that is once again somewhat unproven. Otherwise, Iíd double down on this being 100% but that said, I trust their judgement and thatís why Iím moving forward with this piece that very well may be wrong. However, I think we should see it as likely but be open to all the possibilities still.
* The rumor is that Matt Smith isnít Palpatine reborn or rejuvenated but a dark side acolyte.
* However, during The Rise of Skywalker, Smithís character is willfully possessed by the spirit of Emperor Palpatine.
* During the final act of the film Rey and Kylo team up to fight the Palpatine possessed Matt Smith.
* The two-on-one duel is pretty intense for the duo.
* Eventually Kylo Ren kills Palpatineís host body
* Palpatineís spirit then jumps into Kylo Renís body.
* Kylo Ren is strong enough to not lose total control of his mental faculties.
* Kylo Ren struggles to take control of his body but subdues himself and his weapon while beckoning Rey to kill him.
* Kylo does the right thing and becomes Ben Solo again as he sacrifices himself to kill Palpatine.
* Rey having never toyed with the dark side like Kylo Ren and the acolyte did means Palpatine has body evil enough to inhabit.
So once again, this is going around internally amongst people who may not have the full picture of the film. I think it is interesting. It seems possible. It has a very exorcist type of vibe to it. I do believe Rey does something pivotal that ends Kylo. But I havenít been able to discern if that is actually him dying or ceasing to be Kylo Ren and becoming Ben Solo. Does it have to do with that intervention we heard about? Or is Ben back for entire fight but still susceptible to Palpatine because of his past actions and struggles?
Everything We Know About Star Wars: The Rise Of Skywalker
New Photos From Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker
Return Of The Knights Of Ren
Behind The Scenes Of Star Wars: The Rise Of Skywalker
Benioff and Weiss Will Helm The Next Star Wars Film
Star Wars: The Rise Of Skywalker 16-Bit Trailer Remake
Star Wars Authentics Celebrates Star Wars Day
Hallmark Announces New Products On Star Wars Day May The 4th
Dooku: Jedi Lost Review
Dooku: Jedi Lost By Cavan Scott On Sale Now
Star Wars: The Rise Of Skywalker Fan Posters
Star Wars: The Rise Of Skywalker Spoilers
The Teaser For Star Wars: The Rise Of Skywalker Sets Sequel Record
Kylo Ren Reacts To Star Wars: The Rise Of Skywalker Teaser
Topps Star Wars: The Rise Of Skywalker Trailer 10-Card Set
Official Star Wars: The Rise Of Skywalker Consumer Products Packaging Revealed
Star Wars: The Rise Of Skywalker Trailer Is Here NOW!
Jedi Journals is the longest running Star Wars literature podcast in the galaxy. Listen Now!
Rebelscum.com provides the latest in collecting news. Visit Now!
The IndyCast is the world's most popular Indiana Jones podcast! Ed Dolista and his team take a look at all the latest news, reviews and interviews! Listen Now!