The Disney Parks Blog posted brand new promotional poster art for the upcoming Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser hotel and experience that's still slated to open in 2022 at the Walt Disney World Resort in Orlando, FL.
Some of the interesting bits of info they've pointed out include:
• The Halcyon starcruiser, in the upper-left corner, is your home for this two-night adventure. The sleek ship is known for its impeccable service, fabulous entertainment and exquisite dining, all of which you’ll get to enjoy during your vacation. (Side note: You can see a model of the ship right now in Walt Disney Presents at Disney’s Hollywood Studios.)
• There are four people at the center of the poster – a youngling wearing Jedi robes and wielding a lightsaber, an adult dressed in the uniform of a First Order officer, a Twi’lek adult, and another youngling who appears to be holding a piece of technology of some sort. These figures are meant to represent you, the travelers, because Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser is about your choices and how you live your personal Star Wars stories. Do you want to support the First Order? Live like a Jedi in training? Or perhaps become a member of high galactic society? It’s all waiting there for you to discover and decide.
• In front of those central figures is an R-series astromech droid – but one that seems to have a few extra bells and whistles. Hmm … I bet there’s a story there, too.
• In the lower left, you see passengers enjoying the remarkable cuisine offered in the Crown of Corellia Dining Room, the starcruiser’s enticing supper club. The food and drink certainly seem otherworldly …
• The image in the lower right is something I’m incredibly excited for – lightsaber training! That’s right, as part of your experience, you’ll face off with a training remote similar to how Luke Skywalker once did and learn the lightsaber’s ancient ways.
•Looming above all this is the intimidating visage of Kylo Ren. Couple him with those First Order stormtroopers charging into the scene on the left-hand side and … I have a bad feeling about this. The Halcyon starcruiser does have a storied past, after all, and a reputation for finding itself in the middle of galactic conflicts. Luckily Chewbacca and his trusty bowcaster are there in the upper-right corner. Remember, it’s not wise to upset a Wookiee!
• And don’t miss what’s happening at the very bottom of the poster. There’s something very familiar about those spires – especially to anyone who’s traveled to Batuu. I’ve heard the Halcyon starcruiser is adding that far-flung planet to its itinerary starting next year …
Source: Disney Parks Blog
Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser Reviewed
Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser Video Reveals New Details
Inaugural Voyage Of Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser Revealed
Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser Voyages Begin Spring 2022
Sneak Peek At Almost Finished Galactic Starcruiser Cabin
First Look At Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser Hotel Room
Disney's Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser Making Progress
Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser To Debut In 2021 At Walt Disney World Resort
Disney's New Hotel Halcyon - A Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser Immersive Experience