This is a record of major and minor events in the existence of
the STAR WARS Technical Commentaries web site.
The listing is incomplete, since I began tracking progress only very recently.
The list is mainly meant as an aid for readers seeking the newest updates.
Progress on unreleased pages is not documented.
At any given time, at least five times as much activity is devoted to
incomplete, offline pages as to the documents which are visible to the public.
The number of pages under construction greatly outnumbers those which are
presently available for viewing.
- Added and described images of the TIE interceptor
as photographed in the Sydney exhibition several years ago.
- Noted the discrepant population counts for
from 600 million to 1.2 billion.
The difference probably reveals starvation during the Trade Federation
blockade and occupation in TPM.
- Minor ammendment to the Acclamator count at the
clones parade ground:
the ship with sunward tail raises the strict lower limit to 22.
- Added a subpage discussion of
the clones on the parade grounds
at the end of AOTC.
Added improved estimates for clone numbers in certain subregions
(thanks to B.Young);
and a stitched partial panorama
(thanks to M.Wong).
- Appended quotes and discussion of the suspicious
and its possible relationship to the Death Stars.
- Added fullscreen DVD images of the fleet at Endor,
apparently with a side view of the
Imperial communications ship,
thanks to S.Robertson;
with enhanced, noise-reduced image by A.Tully.
- Added discussion of the AT-XT walker,
after images and information submitted by D.Krouse and K.Schaefer.
- Added a section about a distinct
interdictor star destroyer
in Vader's Quest,
after submissions by K.Schaefer.
- Added a page of images in the Lucasfilm Archives,
captured from Star Wars bonus laserdisk documentaries,
in the Exhibitions section.
The images were kindly sent by T.Protz.
- Appended measurements of the Imperial Death Star,
for comparison with the Separatist
- Updated the discussion of the Great Weapon
with a new picture and measurements of the latitudes of the edges of the dish.
- I consolidate and now present a page that
was lingering as an offline draft for about nine years.
The page is an overview of Sublight Propulsion,
with calculations of some dynamical limits of a few ships for demonstrations.
(Depends on some algebra and geometry.)
Added images and commentary about the TIE Hunter,
after kind submissions by K.L.Schaefer.
- Added a preliminary image of the Great Weapon
thanks to an anonymous benefactor.
- Added some remarks about the Venator-class star destroyers
in Warships of the Empire,
plus a suggestion (by A.Tully) that the tail of
Admiral Giel's flagship
may have functions and components similar to the Venator's tail.
- Added more detailed images and observations of
[anonymous star frigate #2]
from Clone Wars comics,
as observed by K.L.Schaefer.
This addition considerably extends the quality and scope of observations of this ship class.
- Updated the description of the construction of the
mentioning the differences between the proportions of
the unfinished Great Weapon
and Grand Moff Tarkin's later
- Added a series of photographs of the dewback
head and hide,
spectacularly exhibited at Bonhams auction house in London
Thanks to P.Briggs for intelligence about the exhibition.
- Noted the page reference of a threat against C-3PO's identity,
in TPM Continuity,
thanks to Bill Harbert.
- Added detailed image of the dewback
from the forthcoming dewback auction in London,
after notice by P.Briggs.
- Added a few remarks about the Separatists' incomplete
within the commentaries about the Death Stars.
- The commentary about the Injuries of Darth Vader
now includes a few updates incorporating new information from
Revenge of the Sith publications.
The updates are edited into the pre-existing sections and paragraphs.
- Added a detailed interpretation of Lord Vader's
kindly forwarded by A. Krämer.
This web site is now over ten years old.
The first articles went online late in the February of 1995.
Many thanks to all the interested readers and contributors
who have supported the STAR WARS Technical Commentaries
during this first decade.
For how many more decades can it grow?
Will it outlast the era of active STAR WARS merchandising?
That is the intention.
- Minor updates to Injuries of Darth Vader:
added images of Anakin's facial scar due to Asajj Ventress.
I've also replaced some outdated ROTJ pictures
that showed eyebrows on Lord Vader's face.
- Noted the TIE fighter
with octagonal wings, dating from the time 6 months after TPM,
as shown in STAR WARS Tales #21.
- Noted a possible reduction of the tower/terrace gap in the
Allegiance, possibly defining a subclass,
as suggested by D. van Antwerp.
Belated, retrospective and profuse thanks to
for kindly updating the CGI code that runs the "acknowledgements" form and database
theforce.net's latest change of servers).
STAR WARS Technical Commentaries.
Return to Curtis Saxton home page.
Original content is © copyright Dr Curtis Saxton 2005.
This page was constructed and is maintained by
This page is neither affiliated with nor endorsed by Lucasfilm Ltd.
Illustrations included in or linked from this page are copyright Lucasfilm Ltd. and are used here under Fair Usage terms of copyright law.
This site is kindly hosted by TheForce.net.