This is a record of major and minor events in the existence of
the STAR WARS Technical Commentaries web site.
The listing is incomplete, since I began tracking progress only very recently.
The list is mainly meant as an aid for readers seeking the newest updates.
Progress on unreleased pages is not documented.
At any given time, at least five times as much activity is devoted to
incomplete, offline pages as to the documents which are visible to the public.
The number of pages under construction greatly outnumbers those which are
presently available for viewing.
- Added observation on the term "teräs käsi"
as reported by A.Nevalainen.
- Added some of Elwyn Chow's photographs of
at the 2000 Barbican exhibition to the appropriate web page.
Also added data on the size of the display case,
according to my measurements at
exhibition in March 2001.
- Reorganised the Star Destroyer page,
with the ship list
and game stats
shifted to appendix sub-pages.
- Added a scan from Marvel SW #54,
indicating Princess Leia's expectation
that a star destroyer
would render a planetary surface uninhabitable.
- Noted an upper limit to the acceleration tolerances of a
as indicated in Marvel SW #54.
- Noted the Executor's
intended descent to dock at a planetary facility
in Marvel SW #63.
- Added statistics and comments about the Mu-3 shuttle
in Lambda-class Shuttles,
courtesy of C. Deck.
- Qualified and corrected the comments about the deep-dwelling creatures
of Naboo, and their possession of eyes,
in TPM Topics: Naboo,
after advice by S.Petersen.
- Expanded the discussion of the human composition of military forces
in TPM Topics: Galactic Republic,
particularly concerning the sociobiological peculiarity of human warfare,
after suggestions by S.Petersen.
- Added comments on a Media Excerpt
showing the balance between pilot and support personnel
associated with a realistic fighter force,
which we may relate to the starfighters
of the Galactic Empire, Rebel Alliance and other STAR WARS
governments and organisations.
- The e-mail link at the foot of each web page
has been replaced with another one that works.
Apologies to those readers whose messages bounced back
in recent weeks;
I've only just become aware of the problem.
Replaced several hundred old screen-shots from the movies
with newer files at higher resolution and colour quality,
in Death Stars,
Imperial Insignia & Uniforms,
The renovations are ongoing,
will not normally be noted as site updates,
and will eventually affect many more of the commentary pages.
- Added commentary on some Imperial armed prison ships
from rare Marvel comics,
with scans courtesy of A.Tully.
- Updated the (brief) discussion of missile boats and gunboats
in the section on the relatives of the Lambda-class shuttle,
after suggestions by B.Lotfinia and A.Tse.
- Acknowledged the name Harrow
for the ship previously referenced as [anonymous star destroyer #8]
in Warships of the Empire: Catalogue,
after the correct reference was provided by J.Myers.
- Added a newer draft version of M.Griffiths' profile schematic of the
based on the morphology of the ILM special effects model, via the Kenner toy.
- Added extra photographs and commentary on Elwyn Chow's photo-survey
of the Devastator model at the Barbican.
- Added the Delta-class escort shuttle, from the computer games,
to Lamba-class shuttles: related vessels.
- Added a scan of the blueprints for the cockpit seats
in Lambda-class shuttle.
- Added mention of M.Griffiths' theory about attitude-control thrusters
and the wings of the Lambda-class shuttle.
- Added a page about some of the miscellaneous technical highlights of
The Great Heep
animated movie from 1986.
- Added a new page,
to examine some of the technically interesting things seen in
the Star Wars Holiday Special.
If time and inspiration hold out,
I'll add more details of the live-action segements of the show,
and then maybe elements from other TV manifestations of
- Corrected the misidentification of a foreground paint spray-can
in a photo of the multi-nodular bridge tower in
pointed out by A.Nilles.
- Updated the description of the Vultan
in Humans & Humanoids,
with reference pointed out by M.Dolan;
and additional scans from The Sith War comic.
- Added a higher resolution scan of an Imperial star battleship to
Warships of the Empire: Catalogue,
from The Empire Strikes Back Sketchbook.
- Added discussion of the size relationship between
the equatorial waistband trench and docking bays of
the Death Star II,
in Death Stars,
after corrections and suggestions by A.Tse.
- Added scans of Lord Flint to the section on Sith History,
in TPM Topics: Jedi & Sith.
- Renamed and slightly restructured the page
"Survival of Chief Bast" to
Death Star Survivors,
in recognition that there were multiple Imperial survivors.
- Added a few more images demonstrating AT-AT vulnerabilities
in Military Walkers.
- Added screenshots of the ten-letter section of alphabet
shown on General Veers' target scope,
in Text & Graphics.
- Added a section on the anonymous rimward system
at the start of TESB,
- Added iconic illustrations of most of the planets and moons
in Planets for easier visual reference.
Also added global images of Coruscant, Tatooine and Naboo,
scanned from Inside the Worlds of Episode I.
- Quoted the population density of Hong Kong for comparison with Coruscant,
in Astrophysical Concerns,
as reported by M.Wong.
STAR WARS Technical Commentaries.
Return to Curtis Saxton home page.
Original content is © copyright Dr Curtis Saxton 2001.
This page was constructed and is maintained by
This page is neither affiliated with nor endorsed by Lucasfilm Ltd.
Illustrations included in or linked from this page are copyright Lucasfilm Ltd. and are used here under Fair Usage terms of copyright law.
This site is kindly hosted by TheForce.net.