This is a record of major and minor events in the existence of
the STAR WARS Technical Commentaries web site.
The listing is incomplete, since I began tracking progress only very recently.
The list is mainly meant as an aid for readers seeking the newest updates.
Progress on unreleased pages is not documented.
At any given time, at least five times as much activity is devoted to
incomplete, offline pages as to the documents which are visible to the public.
The number of pages under construction greatly outnumbers those which are
presently available for viewing.
- I'm still on vacation, so there won't be any major updates for a while.
- Appended a note to
Super Star Destroyers
regarding what appears to be the perpetuation of the 5-mile folly
in Balance of Power.
- Added a new page: Warships of the Mon Calamari.
- Noted an asymmetric pocket on the standard Imperial Navy
see Imperial Military Uniforms.
- Updates will be infrequent over the next four weeks.
My InterNet access will be minimal during this period.
- Added X-Wing Rogue Squadron
and X-Wing Wedge's Gamble references to
- The webserver for this site's illustrations is still offline.
It should be working again within a day.
- Noted two classic-era references to the perplexing object at the
end of The Empire Strikes Back,
in Astrophysical Concerns,
thanks to W.Poe.
- Added to Endor Holocaust
some remarks about the composition
of the Death Star II;
and the actions of the rebel fleet in
screening the commando team.
- Added very brief reference to
Essential Guide to Weapons & Technology regarding
possible tractor beam projectors,
to Star Destroyers.
- The web server containing most of the illustrations is temporarily down.
The situation is outside my control;
it ought to be fixed within a few days.
- Noted the fate of the Guardian in
Super Star Destroyers.
- Added several more references regarding The Hutt Gambit
to Novel References,
suggested by E.Platten.
- Added remarks about absence of external atmosphere to
- Added estimate of number of turbolasers on Death Star II
to Death Stars.
- Noted the locations of two important ventral turbolasers in
- Modified some of the wording about political implications in
The fate of Endor under the Rebel Alliance is better than
what would have happened if Moff Jerjerrod had survived.
- Added clearer images of Jerec's flagship to
Warships of the Galaxy,
donated by E.Platten.
- Reorganised the Warships of the Galaxy page,
subdividing it into two parts:
the main commentary page
and the catalogue of warship designs.
- Made corrections to Endor Holocaust
regarding the Cretaceous-Tertiary mass-extinction on Earth,
according to the suggestions of S.Petersen.
- Added a few general remarks about weaponry
and comments regarding the brim-notch guns to
- Noted the rotation of the Death Star II visible in
Return of the Jedi,
in Endor Holocaust.
- Qualified a few of the remarks about the rendezvous-point spectacle
- Refer to revelations about the extent and nature of Lord Vader's injuries
from STAR WARS: The Annotated Screenplays
in various sections of Vader's Injuries.
- Added commentary about Nal Hutta and Nar Shaddaa to
based on data found in The Hutt Gambit.
- Modified Hyperspace
to note the insensitivity of hyperspace safety cut-out systems,
as demonstrated in the
arrival at Alderaan.
Due to W.Poe.
- Added minimum estimate of a star destroyer's accelerative capability
to Star Destroyers.
- Experiment with a new colour for "NEW" gifs.
- I'm still waiting for a scanner to be repaired.
Then I should be able to promptly raise some new pages.
- Completed more of the table entries regarding
X-Wing: The Bacta War
in Novel References.
- Added a third image of the brown orb at Endor,
- Added short summary list of subclass features to
- Summary and credit for E.Vandersall's
improved asteroid vaporisation calculation
(which includes latent heats of phase changes)
is added to Star Destroyers.
More E.Vandersall chemical contributions will be added later.
- Incorporated and studied an image of the brown orb near Endor,
donated by F.Gerratana,
in Astrophysical Concerns.
- Mentioned the hypothetical explosion of the sanctuary moon as a
possible threat to the Death Star II,
in Endor Holocaust.
- Added remarks to Hyperspace
in the sections about tracking
and possible pursuit from Tatooine to Alderaan.
- Additions and alterations to ship listing in
- Added reference to General Nasda in the
ISB section of
- Replaced the Imperial Emblem icons with 8-colour aliased versions,
based on donations by E.Platten.
- Added six images courtesy of A.Tully in the
main illustrations section
and other parts of the Super Star Destroyers page.
- Removed the faulty old web counter from the
Super Star Destroyers page.
It was slow to load and it did not even keep an accurate count.
It incremented at only a tiny fraction of the rate which
my access logs indicate.
It had become a useless gimmick.
- Added to Bridge Towers page three new
for the Accuser-like (ISD-III) subclass:
a new image of the movie model;
two versions of an interior view of a Chimaera bridge.
- Corrected references to asymmetry of large brim turbolaser
in Star Destroyers
- Added commentary on the "point five" factor to
- Added commentary on the blood of Hoth animals (according to Joshua Nolan)
- Shifted icons to a dedicated web server.
- Received my copy of STAR WARS Chronicles,
an essential resource for illustrations.
STAR WARS Technical Commentaries.
Return to Curtis Saxton home page.
Original content is © copyright Curtis Saxton 1999.
This page was constructed and is maintained by
This page is neither affiliated with nor endorsed by Lucasfilm Ltd.
Illustrations included in or linked from this page are copyright Lucasfilm Ltd. and are used here under Fair Usage terms of copyright law.
This site is kindly hosted by TheForce.net.