The Official Star Wars Charity Dinner and Quiz, which is coming to London on February 2nd, is offering fans the chance to win a pair of tickets. The dinner is set to benefit MediCinema and will feature such celebrity guests as Ewan McGregor, Simon Pegg, and Nick Frost. Curious as to how you can win? Check out the press release below...
Calling All Avid Star Wars Fans
WIN a pair of tickets to The Official Star Wars Charity Dinner and Quiz supporting MediCinema on Thursday 2nd February at The Hilton Park Lane, London W1. We would like to hear from avid fans or anyone with a passion for Star Wars.
All you need to do is to send us a quiz question (and answer!) about Star Wars. Please submit your question via email to email@example.com and make sure you are following @StarWarsDinner so that we can get in touch with you if you are lucky enough to win.
The questions submitted will be reviewed by the special Star Wars Quiz Committee, chaired by Mark Dinning, Editor of Empire Magazine. They will be selecting the winning ones which will be included in the Quiz on 2nd February. The first prize for one lucky winner is one pair of tickets to the Star Wars Charity Dinner and Quiz and 2 runner up prizes of a Hasbro 3?? figure set of Qui-Gon-Jinn and Eopie ? 2009 Mail Away Exclusive released to Celebrate the 10th Anniversary of Star Wars: Episode I ? The Phantom Menace. The competition will close at midnight on 20.01.12. The winner will be informed at least 5 days prior to the event on 2nd February. Please check out www.starwarscharitydinner.com for more info on the event.
Terms and conditions:
1. This competition is open to consumers aged 18 (eighteen) years or over excluding employees and their immediate families of MediCinema, Lucasfilm Ltd, 20th Century Fox and anyone else professionally connected with the promotion.
2. To participate you will need to submit a Star Wars related quiz question (and its answer) via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. No purchase is necessary. There is no restriction on the number of entries any consumer can make to the competition.
3. Final Closing date of the competition is midnight on 20.01.12 GMT.
4. The entries into the competition will be judged by the Star Wars Quiz Committee. All quiz questions (and answers) will be reviewed by the panel of pre-selected judges. A shortlist of questions will be chosen and then a second panel of pre-selected judges will review this shortlist and select the final winning question and runner up questions. The criteria for judging entries will be the most apt and original question relating to Star Wars. The winner will be informed by Twitter or email within 5 days of the event taking place on 2nd February 2012.
5. There is one main prize of two tickets to The Official Star Wars Charity Dinner and Quiz taking place on 2nd February 2012 at The Hilton Park Lane, London, W1 (excluding travel and accommodation) and two runner up prizes of a Hasbro 3?? figure set of Qui-Gon-Jinn and Eopie ? 2009 Mail Away Exclusive released to Celebrate the 10th Anniversary of Star Wars: Episode I ? The Phantom Menace. No cash or other alternative prize is available, except that in the event of circumstances outside of its control the Promoter reserves the right to substitute a similar alternative of equal or higher value.
6. The Promoter reserves the right to amend, alter or withdraw the competition as necessary due to exceptional circumstances outside its reasonable control.
7. In the case of incomplete or incorrect details being provided, or the Promoter being unable to contact the winner within 3 days, the Promoter reserves the right to award the prize to a reserve selected at the same time as the original.
8. To the fullest extent allowed by law, the Promoter accepts no responsibility for any loss which is not foreseeable or arises as a result of the use of the prize.
9. The winner agrees to take part in any reasonable publicity without further recompense.
10. Your personal details will only be used for the purposes of administering this promotion and for no other purposes.
11. The names of the winners will be available on request by sending a stamped, self-addressed envelope to: ?Star Wars Quiz Competition? Fireball Ltd, First Floor, Park House, 14 Northfields, London, SW18 1DD within three months of the closing date.
12. The Promoter?s decision regarding all promotional matters is final and binding.
13. The Promoter shall not be held liable for system failures. Neither can we be held responsible for the failure to fulfil obligations of any third parties involved in this promotion, although we will endeavour to minimise the effect to the participants of such failure.
14. Conduct of participation. By entering this competition, all participants will be deemed to have accepted and be bound by the competition Terms and Conditions. The Promoter may at its sole discretion disqualify any entrant found to be tampering with the entry process or to be acting in any manner deemed to be disruptive to the promotion.
Rebelscum Breast Cancer Awareness Charity Patch Posted By Philip on November 25, 2014: Thanks to everybody that ordered patches. I sent a check for $1,600.00 to the National Breast Cancer Foundation on Monday. While it's not as much as I hoped for, it's still very much appreciated. They will remain for sale in the store for anybody that still wishes to purchase them. Details after the jump.