Flight of the Falcon
Written by Euan
On the 23rd of June 2003, THQ annouced that it would be creating another star wars game for the GBA: Star Wars: Flight of the Falcon. It took just over 2 months for an update to appear on the web. On the 28th of August several screen shots appeared on IGN.com. A box shot of the game can also be seen on Amazon.com.
But apart form that, what do we really know about this game?
Here's a preview, by a fan, for the fans:
According to THQ:
Jump into the cockpit of the most popular ship in the Star Wars universe to outrun, outblast, and outsmart the Empire in this all-new classic Star Wars game. Pilot the Millennium Falcon, as well as other space craft, to relive the Battles of Yavin and Endor as TIE Fighters and bombers attempt to take you out. Can you out run the Empire?
- Pilot the Millennium Falcon, the most popular vehicle from the classic Star Wars universe, along with other well-know spacecraft.
- 14 combat-filled missions interweaving the movie storylines with all new plot twists
- Frantic space/surface battles and high-speed flying action
- Upgradeable weapons and shields
- Highly detailed environments and ships
In fact after looking at a number of sites the same "annoucement" by THQ seemed to repeat itself everywhere I turned.
The format itself is much like Rogue Squadron for N64 except you can pilot different vehicles in several diffrent environments. If you checkout the screen shots I'm sure you will agree.
Here are levels/series of levels which I know (and judging from the screenshots) will turn up in the game:
- Death Star assault- X-wing
- Second Death Star assault- Millenium Falcon
- Endor speeder bike chase- Imperial speeder bike
- Chasing Boba Fett from Bespin- Millenium Falcon
- Asteriod Belt (escape from Hoth)- Millenium Falcon
Anyway we will have to wait and see!
Not long to go!