TIME INC.’s ‘PEOPLE’ RELEASES “THE STARS OF STAR WARS: THE FORCE AWAKENS”
Special Edition Hits Newsstands Nationwide Wednesday, December 9
Sneak Peek at the Newest Star Wars Sequel with Exclusive Interviews & Photos!
(NEW YORK, December 7, 2015) – On Friday, December 18, the beloved Star Wars franchise returns with the highly anticipated sequel Star Wars: The Force Awakens. Until then, People’s “The Stars of Star Wars: The Force Awakens” special edition brings fans behind-the-scenes. Hitting newsstands on Wednesday, December 9, the special issue features exclusive photos and interviews with both new cast members and old favorites, secrets from the making of The Force Awakens, and a first look at the new characters that readers won’t see anywhere else. (On newsstands December 9: $5.99/US and $6.99/CAN).
· Sneak Peek – The Force Awakens: All-new, never-before-seen photos from Episode VII, featuring Han, Luke, Leia and a host of new characters (and one feisty new droid).
· Harrison Ford: An exclusive sit down with the actor about stepping back into the role that launched his career: Han Solo.
· Carrie Fisher: The buns and the bikini are gone, but Princess Leia is still a force to be reckoned with.
· Mark Hamill: Star Wars’ original hero returns as a mysterious Luke Skywalker in an exclusive interview.
· Oscar Isaac: The actor opens up about his first blockbuster role as pilot Poe.
· Lupita Nyong’o: The Oscar winner tries out motion-capturing acting as pirate Maz Kanata.
· Billie Lourd and Simon Pegg: A first look at Carrie Fisher’s daughter and the British actor in their top-secret roles in the latest sequel.
· Adam Driver: The Girls star turns to the Dark Side as Kylo Ren.
· Director J.J. Abrams reveals inspiration for the film.
· Behind the Scenes: Inside the making of Star Wars: The Force Awakens.
Time Inc.’s People revolutionized personality journalism when it launched as a weekly in 1974 to celebrate extraordinary people doing ordinary things and ordinary people doing extraordinary things. Ubiquitous and still at the center of pop culture more than 40 years later, the People brand is accessible on all surfaces (print, digital, video, mobile, social) bringing more than 75 million consumers a unique mix of breaking news, exclusive photos, video, and in-depth reporting on the most compelling newsmakers of our time. In addition, comScore ranks the People and Entertainment Weekly Network No. 1 in the entertainment news category. Each year major media across the globe anticipate the cover reveal of People’s most famous franchise, the Sexiest Man Alive (which is celebrating its 30th anniversary in 2015) sparking a lively debate on social media. With a trusted reputation and unparalleled access to the red carpet, celebrities, and entertainment, an essential component of People’s editorial vision remains human interest stories, which touch and often mirror the lives of our passionate audience. People is an award-winning 24/7 news organization headquartered in New York City with reporters across the globe. For more information visit People.com and Timeinc.com, and follow @people on Twitter and @peoplemag on Facebook and Instagram.
PEOPLE Announces Special Edition Star Wars: The Secrets of Solo
Jedi Journals is the longest running Star Wars literature podcast in the galaxy. Listen Now!
Rebelscum.com provides the latest in collecting news. Visit Now!
The IndyCast is the world's most popular Indiana Jones podcast! Ed Dolista and his team take a look at all the latest news, reviews and interviews! Listen Now!