After 20 years and 12,850 news posts across five websites, I'm hanging up my hat. I initially got involved with the online Star Wars community in 1996 by joining forces with Mark Minicuci to run Yakface.com. After several years there, I was recruited by Chris Holoka to join Rebelscum.com. (September 17th, 2000). By 2003 I had transitioned over to TheForce.net where I've tried my best to keep it going all these years. I've recently decided that after close to 20 years of providing fans with their "Daily dose of Star Wars" it is time for myself to step down from this role, allowing someone new to take the reins. I'd like to personally thank Philip Wise for all of the opportunities running the website has given me. From traveling to events and meeting other Star Wars fans to having dinner with my heroes, I've truly been blessed. If 10 year old me would have known the places Star Wars would take me he would have never believed it.
So, a big THANK YOU to Philip Wise, and everyone else who has supported TheForce.net, The ForceCast, and Rebelscum.com over the years. I'm going to miss this, but it is time for me to "move along, move along"....
I have so many great memories from over the years, and here are just a few of my favorites!
* Star Wars Celebration I - meeting online friends for the first time.
* Two trips to Skywalker Ranch & Big Rock
* Helping install the Cantina Band at Rancho Obi-Wan
* Mexico City Convention
* 2006 Star Wars Fan Club President
* Started The ForceCast
* Set up and tear down for Official Pix at multiple Star Wars Celebrations
* Dinner with Kenny Baker
* Being in the Her Universe Fashion Show
* Multiple SDCC trips
* Partying on a rooftop at SDCC with Lorne Peterson
* Crashing The Star Wars Fan Club Breakfast at Gen-Con with Josh Griffin
* Hosting The Star Wars Fan Club Breakfasts at several events
* Steel City Comic Con with Daniel Logan (I'll never tell)
* The Ohio Star Wars Collector Club
* The Kentucky Star Wars Collector Club
* Lunch With Dave Filoni, Kyle Newman & Jaime King
* 501st parties!
* TFN parties!
* Star Wars Celebrations 1,2,3,4,5,6, Anaheim, Chicago
* Star Wars Fan Days (PLANO!)
* Hosting a collecting panel at Star Wars Celebration
* Meeting Mark Hamill for the first time in his hotel for a private OPX signing.
* Having Carrie Fisher think I was her security guard at Celebration 2 as we left for break she grabbed onto me for escort out.
* World Premiere of Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker
* Multiple Press screenings
* Star Wars Insider #91 - Letter from the editor guest post.
* Going on a toy run with Steve Sansweet and Mark Boudreaux.
* Bumped into J.J. Abrams on the floor at Celebration LA with his kids in tow, super nice guy!
* Announcing Fan Film winners at SDCC.
* 12,850 news posts across five websites for an average of 1.75 posts per day over 20 year period.
* Friendships forged - I've made so many friends in this community from actors to collectors and everyone in between! Special thanks to the following: Philip & Anne Wise, Steve Sansweet, Dave Myatt, Chris Holoka, Jeremy Beckett, Jay Shepard, Anne Neuman, Shane Turgeon, Mark Hurray, Chris Wyman, Adam Lamping, Dan Curto, Maureen Kuppe, Luis Galvez, Logan Rodriguez, Grahame Wright, Steve Dunk, Ryan Donoho, Daniel Berry, Ben & Lisa Stevens, Daniel Logan, Erik Blythe, Eric Geller, Mandy Bulat, Scott Chitwood, Josh Griffin, Anthony Baratta, Mike Barrick, Jason Swank, Pete Nadel, Jimmy Mac, Mary Franklin, Gus Lopez, Duncan Jenkins, Jeremy & Maureen Bulloch, Ashley Eckstein, Dan Madsen, James Arnold Taylor, Kyle Newman and so many more!