Head on over to Starwars.com for the full run-down of Star Wars related events at San Diego Comic-Con International 2009 (July 22-26) ranging from panels, the Fan Club Breakfast, Star Wars trivia and much more. Click here for the Star Wars schedule and here for more info at the Comic-Con International 2009 site.
“A GALAXY FAR, FAR AWAY” INVADES SAN DIEGO COMIC-CON INTERNATIONAL 2009
Massive Star Wars Presence Includes Talent Appearances, Sneak Peeks, the Star Wars Stories Project and More!
Lucasfilm will once again dominate Comic-Con International with the biggest pavilion on the Exhibit Hall Floor, featuring Lucasfilm’s signature video walls, collectibles, LucasArts video games, a wealth of Star Wars licensed product and more. Highlights include:
• Lucasfilm and G4 join forces for a milestone in Comic-Con’s 40-year history – the first-ever, exclusive televised broadcast of a presentation from the massive pop culture convention. The Star Wars Spectacular will be hosted by Lucasfilm’s Steve Sansweet and G4’s Olivia Munn and Kevin Periera.
• Soliciting movie memories and nostalgia, the Star Wars Stories Project invites fans to share their own tales of fandom through video testimonials recorded at Lucasfilm's pavilion. The pilot presentation during the Star Wars Spectacular will feature memories and reminiscences from Saga luminaries and Star Wars celebrity fans.
• Fierce battles, expanded storylines, and elaborate animation raise the stakes higher than ever in the second season of Star Wars: The Clone Wars, scheduled to premiere this fall. Fans will have the chance to go behind-the-scenes and learn about the making of the show, and get an exclusive sneak peek at what’s to come in the ongoing battle for galactic freedom.
• The Star Wars Spectacular will also feature a first look at the upcoming Star Wars: The Clone Wars The Complete Season One DVD and Blu-ray. Containing all 22 episodes from the groundbreaking first season, fans will get a glimpse at the many special features included in the exciting box set.
• For the first time ever fans can get their hands on Star Wars The Clone Wars: Republic Heroes™ for the Xbox 360 and Nintendo Wii at the Star Wars pavilion! Save the Republic and play as both Jedi and clone troopers in a storyline that bridges the gap between seasons one and two of the television series.
• Talent available for interviews include Steve Sansweet (Lucasfilm’s Head of Fan Relations); Star Wars: The Clone Wars supervising director Dave Filoni and voice actors Matt Lanter (Anakin Skywalker), Ashley Eckstein (Ahsoka Tano), James Arnold Taylor (Obi-Wan Kenobi), Catherine Taber (Padmé Amidala), Dee Bradley Baker (Captain Rex) and Tom Kane (Yoda).
• Throughout the convention, Star Wars fans will be gathering for thematic photo opportunities, including slave Leia costumes, stormtroopers, clone troopers and more.
• Times and locations of booth appearances, interview and photo opportunities are available upon request.
UPDATE #2:Starwars.com has just released a list of the cool exclusive items that will be available this year for Star Wars fans. Check 'em out (and man what I wouldn't do to score a set of the Shock/Shadow Trooper Hallmark ornaments...)
Rebelscum Breast Cancer Awareness Charity Patch Posted By Philip on November 25, 2014: Thanks to everybody that ordered patches. I sent a check for $1,600.00 to the National Breast Cancer Foundation on Monday. While it's not as much as I hoped for, it's still very much appreciated. They will remain for sale in the store for anybody that still wishes to purchase them. Details after the jump.