File this away under Things To Make A Star Wars Fan's Blood Boil: Steve Ellis, the co-founder of Free Radical Design, the company that was developing Star Wars Battlefront III for LucasArts, told gamesTM Magazine that "we had a 99% finished game that just needed bug fixing for release." Ellis also said the following:
It should have been our most successful game, but it was cancelled for financial reasons. I'm happy that people did at least get to see what we were working on and share the team's enthusiasm for it.
As Ellis suggests, some footage from the game has leaked in the past, with the leaks only generating more frustration that the game never made it to the release stage. Ellis has previously spoken out about the way the LucasArts-Free Radical relationship soured, but his comments to gamesTM represent the clearest indication yet that Battlefront III was axed at practically the last possible moment.
Click here to read more of Ellis' comments to gamesTM and then bemoan our Battlefront III-less reality and wonder at what might have been.
Rebelscum Breast Cancer Awareness Charity Patch Posted By Philip on November 25, 2014: Thanks to everybody that ordered patches. I sent a check for $1,600.00 to the National Breast Cancer Foundation on Monday. While it's not as much as I hoped for, it's still very much appreciated. They will remain for sale in the store for anybody that still wishes to purchase them. Details after the jump.